Performing a deep breathing exercise is a great way to encourage your health. Not only is it all-natural and effective, but it's free to do any time you want.
Benefits of Deep Breathing
- Reduces stress
- Relaxes the muscles
- Clears the mind
- Increases oxygen levels in the body
Deep Breathing Exercise: How-To
A deep breathing exercise is simple and easy.
- Inhale deeply and slowly (over a span of about 4 seconds) through your nose.
- Hold it for a count of 16 seconds.
- Exhale through your mouth (over a span of about 8 seconds).
- Repeat this process nine times.
For maximum effect, be mindful of your body. For example, if you're trying to relax your muscles, then you should focus on the individual muscles you want to relax. Often, tension is an automatic response that turns into a state of being, and you have to remind your muscles how to behave.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.